g l e n (at) g l e n (dot) n u
- Exceptional problem solving skills and ability to quickly adapt to new challenges
- Excellent team player, works well as a technical lead or an individual contributor
- Motivated and productive, invested in the success of the project, the team, and the company
Twitter, Inc., San Francisco, CA, June 2010 — Present
- Software Engineer, Platform/API group
TiVo Inc., Alviso, CA, August 2005 — May 2010
- Rapidly promoted from junior engineer to software architect in less than five years
As Architect, provided leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other engineers and technical oversight of the TiVo service, while remaining a productive developer.
Founding member of Service Architecture Steering Committee, which provides architectural guidance and prioritization to the management team for the TiVo service.
As technical lead on development of Java/Tomcat/MySQL webservices backend for TiVo Premiere & TiVo Search, scoped, designed, coordinated, and participated in implementation effort, working closely with client team to increase speed and efficiency and handle bandwidth and client constraints.
- Contributed to design, implementation and maintenance of core server infrastructure in C++
- Wrote internal Web-based tools in PHP for configuring, testing and managing the service
Liberate Technologies, San Carlos, CA, November 2000 — December 2001
of cutting-edge interactive TV applications
- Proposed and led project to create
a sales/marketing DVD of over 70 iTV demos, using Final Cut Pro and DVD Studio Pro.
- Maintained and updated the corporate website
Interactive Bureau / Circle.com, New York City, NY, April 1999 — August 2000
- Worked primarily as a client-side web programmer, hand-coding
table-based HTML pages from PSDs.
- As lead programmer on a complete top-down
redesign of the IBM corporate intranet, coded template pages for distribution
throughout the company, designed and implemented interfaces for user-customization
of features on the intranet home page.
- Designed graphics and interfaces using Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash
- Provided tech support to growing staff of nearly 100 employees,
ordered and installed required hardware and software, upgraded the network to
handle increased capacity requirements
Freelance Web Programmer, January 1999 — August 2005
- Designed and developed a variety of Web sites for individuals and small companies.
Saint Ann's School, Brooklyn, NY, September 1998 — June 1999
- Taught courses in general computing, desktop publishing,
programming and web programming to students from third to twelfth grades.
University of California, Davis, Davis, CA, September 2003 — June 2005
- Bachelor of Science with High Honors in Computer Science and Engineering: June 2005, GPA: 3.89
Brown University, Providence, RI, September 1994 — May 1998
- Bachelor of Arts in History: May 1998, GPA: 3.4
- Designed and maintain apple-history.com, which for more than a decade has included descriptions, specs and pictures of every Apple computer ever made.
- Also enjoy electronic music, science fiction, cooking and playing guitar.
Available upon request